LEAP (Long Endurance Aerial Platform)
The World's Most Powerful Tethered UAV System
While UAVs are relatively easy to use and deploy, they have one major deficiency – flight time.
- UAVs are more efficient but their batteries restrict flight time to thirty minutes or less;
- Short flight time dramatically reduces effectiveness, especially for missions that require heavy payloads and long endurance; and
- Battery capacity for UAVs will not be dramatically enhanced any time soon.
In addition, UAV to ground data transfer rates are slow.
- UAVs must use wireless data transmission;
- The wireless systems on UAVs cannot transmit large amount of data generated by cameras. telecom devices and sensors at high speeds;
- Only a high powered tethered UAV can transmit data at anywhere near the speeds needed for real time use, especially in artificial intelligence-based systems.
A high powered, tethered UAV system solves the problems of flight time and data delivery by providing:
- Unlimited power source; and
- Ultra-high-speed data connectivity.